Purchasing the Best Beginner Bow could be a great idea to start learning archery and finish in time. A bow that is too heavy to hold, too hard to draw, and too bulky to use will make learning difficult for you. You not only have to learn the archery but make it your habit also. Picking up the best bow will save you from developing bad archery habits.
To save your time, efforts, and narrow your search, we have created a list of bows that are best for beginners. We have explained these bows below.
Our top picks are:
Table of Content
- Best Beginner Bow in 2021 Reviews & Comparison Table:
- 1. Southwest Archery Spyder – Best Beginner Hunting Bow:
- 2. Genesis Original Bow – Adjustable Compound Bow:
- 3. Siege SAS 55 lb 29” Compound Bow – Best Beginner Bow for Adults:
- 4. Leader Accessories Compound Bow – Starter Compound Bow:
- 5. Diamond Archery Infinite Edge Pro Bow Package – Entry Level Compound Bow:
- 6. Bear Archery Cruzer G2 Adult Compound Bow (Recommended) – Best Beginner Compound Bow:
- 7. SAS Outrage 70 Lbs. 30” Compound Bow – Archery Bows Beginners:
- 8. Spyder and Spyder XL Takedown Recurve Bow – Beginner Bow and Arrow:
- 9. SAS Explorer Metal Riser Takedown Bow – Good Bow for Beginners:
- 10. Bear Archery Cruzer Lite Compound Bow – First Compound Bow Recommendation:
- Buyer’s Guide:
- Tips for Beginners:
Best Beginner Bow in 2021 Reviews & Comparison Table:
20- 60 lbs
1. Southwest Archery Spyder – Best Beginner Hunting Bow:
Fist and the foremost is Southwest Archery Spyder. If you are interested in long-term archery then this bow is perfect. It makes no sense to purchase a bow that you are going a replace after five to six months. This purchase will be a life-time investment for you. You will not need any replacement even if you become an archery expert.
This bow has the draw weight of 20 to 60 lbs. You can use it at 20 lbs. in beginning and can increase its draw weight with improvement in your archery. When you reached the professional level, 60 lbs. will be a maximum draw weight for you.
This bow comes with thread bushing for many accessories. These accessories include sight, arrow rest, stabilizer, quiver, and bow reels (for fishing). You can install these accessories in future as per your need. You can also purchase them separately. It has a high quality 14 Dacron string.
Southwest Archery Spyder Bow Features:
- It suits all archers of the beginning, teen, and expert levels. You can easily adjust it according to your choice.
- Its minimum draw weight is 20 lbs. You can increase it with +5 increments till 60 lbs.
- You can add more accessories to it. It has thread bushings for sight, rest, quiver, and stabilizer.
- This bow is widely used in hunting, target practice, and bow fishing. It has a pre-installed bushing for fishing reels.
- This bow is designed for both lefties and righties. Make sure to select your design while ordering this bow.
- Apart from this, Southwest Archery Spyder bow comes with a one-year limited warranty. You can claim the refund at manufacturer’s defect.
- Draw Weight: 20- 60 lbs.
- Overall Bow Length: 62”
- Hand Orientation: Right or Left
- Material: Wood
2. Genesis Original Bow – Adjustable Compound Bow:
At the very beginning stage, it looks difficult for archers to draw, aim, and release the bow. A bow with less let-off and draw weight can make them work easily and learn faster. Genesis Original Bow is one of those bows. It is the official bow of National Archery in the Schools Program.
Genesis Original Bow is the first-ever bow to eliminate let-off (as claimed by the manufacturer). It comes with zero let-off, allowing the beginners to take advantage of relaxation at full draw. It has the draw weight of 10-20 lbs. You can increase or decrease the draw weight according to their preference.
It is recommended to use finger guards before using this bow. The string is sharp and may hurt you. This bow is not designed for professional-level archery. Genesis Original Bow works excellent for beginners but you may require its replacement after improvement in your archery.
Genesis Original Bow Features:
- It is the best choice for beginners. This bow has 0% let-off.
- This bow has no specific draw weight requirement. You can adjust it between 10-20 lbs.
- This single-cam bow has one aluminium cam and idler wheel. Single cam bows are comparatively easy to shoot.
- The machined aluminium riser is drilled and tapered to attach more accessories there. You can purchase these accessories separately to fulfil your needs.
- Genesis Original Bow is easy to setup. A hex wrench of 3/16” size is used to increase and decrease the draw weight.
- Draw Weight: 10-20 lbs.
- Draw Length: 15-30”
- Let-off: 0%
- Axle to Axle: 35.5”
- Brace Height: 7 5/8”
- Material: Aluminum
3. Siege SAS 55 lb 29” Compound Bow – Best Beginner Bow for Adults:
There are many beginner bows designed for children and teens. But these bows may not fit adult newbies. Siege SAS Compound bow is the best beginner bow for adults. It is a durable and precise bow equipped with accessories for enhanced accuracy.
It has strong limbs made of ABS material. Siege SAS Compound bow has the standard draw weight of 55 lbs. You can increase and decrease the weight by loosening and tightening the limb bolts. 40 lbs. is the minimum draw weight to be selected through it.
This twin idler cam bow can shoot the bow with the speed of 206 FPS which is comparatively less than other bows of our list. Apart from this, this bow has a three-year manufacture warranty. If you found any of its parts damaged, you will be able to replace/repair it.
Siege SAS Compound Bow Features:
- This bow is specially designed for adults who are interested in learning archery. It is durable and will work for a long time.
- It comes with strong ABS limbs. These limbs provide strength, balance, and weight to this bow.
- Siege SAS Compound bow has the draw weight of 40-55 lbs. You can increase or decrease the draw weight with increment or decrement of 5 lbs.
- This bow equips binary cam system. It has the capability to shoot the arrows with a speed of 206 FPS.
- Three-year limited warranty grantees that you are not going to receive damaged or defected bow.
- Draw Weight: 40-55 lbs.
- Draw Length: 29”
- Bow Length: 41 ½”
- Let-off: 70%
- Speed: 206 Feet per Second
- Material: Aluminum
4. Leader Accessories Compound Bow – Starter Compound Bow:
Leader Accessories Compound Bow is also a beginner bow but not for those beginners who are at the very beginning stage. After practising a few months on youth bow, you will be able to use this professional bow. It is used in hunting, defence, and athlete competition.
This heavy-duty bow has the draw weight of 50-70 lbs. and draw length of 25-31”. An Allen key is used to adjust the draw weight and length. To increase or decrease the draw weight, you have to turn the limb bolts clock and anti-clockwise. Same Allen key is used to tight cam screws in order to adjust its draw length.
This right-hand bow has thread bushings to install more accessories. You can attach more accessories as you want. It comes with precise sights (fibre optic and peep), arrow rest, two leader arrows, flight rail tube, and string D-loop. This bow comes with a one year warranty. This warranty is valid for manufacturer’s defect only. String and cables are also excluded from the warranty.
Leader Accessories Compound Bow Features:
- Leader Accessories Compound Bow is the best beginner bow for average archers. It has the capability to improve your archery.
- It comes with an Allen key to adjust its draw weight and draw height. This compound bow helps you polish your archery skills.
- It includes peep sight, fibre optic sight, arrow rest, string loop, and 2x arrows. It also has thread bushings foe more tools.
- This equipment has a max shooting speed of 310 feet per second. This binary cam bow is not going to let the animal move.
- Leader accessories compound bow comes with a one-year limited warranty. You will not be able to refund your money in case of your fault or defect in string and cables.
- Draw Weight: 50-70 lbs.
- Draw Length: 25-31″
- Max Speed: 310 Feet per Second
- Let-off: 75- 80%
- Axle to axle: 31 1/2″
5. Diamond Archery Infinite Edge Pro Bow Package – Entry Level Compound Bow:
Diamond archery infinite edge pro is the perfect fit for all archers. It is too versatile that both a child of 5 years and a hunter with years of experience can use this bow. This is an all-round and multi-purpose bow. It is the best beginner bow if you don’t want to invest again.
This bow has an excellently adjustable draw weight and draw length. The minimum draw weight of 5 lbs. is light enough to be used by a child. However, its max draw weight of 70 lbs. is used by professional hunters. This bow has a binary cam system for the smooth and flawless draw.
The IBO max speed of Diamond Archery Infinite Edge Pro Bow is 310 FPS. This speed is enough for hunters to shoot down the animal before it moves. This bow comes with a stabilizer for perfect balance. The riser offers an easy and comfortable grip to its user.
Diamond Archery Infinite Edge Pro Bow Package Features:
- This bow is recommended for beginners who want versatile and up-to-date bow. It is very easy to use.
- Diamond archery bow can entertain your entire family. Children, adults, and professionals can use this bow.
- You can adjust this bow as per your preference, age, force, and height. You can draw weight according to your force.
- The draw length adjustment makes this bow usable for archers of different heights. The maximum length of 31” is effective for tall archers.
- Two silencers attached with string reduce the noise. It won’t let the target (while hunting) know about you.
- Draw Weight: 5-70 lbs.
- Draw Length: 13-31”
- Axle to Axle: 31”
- Brace Height: 7”
- Let-off: 80%
- Speed: 310 Feet per Second
6. Bear Archery Cruzer G2 Adult Compound Bow (Recommended) – Best Beginner Compound Bow:
If you really want the most valuable and best beginner bow then here it is. Bear Archery Cruzer G2 Adult Compound bow is a versatile, ready to hunt, and adjustable. It is also a family bow. This bow grows with yourself and makes you learn faster.
This bow comes with accessories including a four-pin & peep sights, whisker biscuit, quiver, stabilizer, and string D-loop. Bear Archery Cruzer G2 is lightweight and can be held easily especially by beginners. This bow can shoot the arrows with a max speed of 315 feet per second. It has the draw weight of 5-70 lbs. and draw length of 12-30”.
Being more advance and precise, this bow is a little bit expensive. But this one-time investment will save you from purchasing its replacements in future. It is very easy to adjust this bow. An included Allen wrench enables you to adjust this bow within a few moments.
Bear Archery Cruzer G2 Adult Compound Bow Features:
- This bow can be adjusted from children to experts. This is the best bow for all ages.
- It is a ready-to-hunt bow. The Six Trophy Ridge accessories are also included in the purchase.
- This bow has the draw weight of 5 to 70 lbs. You can also choose the draw length between 12 and 30”.
- Bear Archery Cruzer G2 includes a string suppressor to eliminate the noise produced while pulling and releasing the string.
- This bow weighs only 3 lbs. This lightweight design is beneficial for beginners as it can be moved easily.
- Draw Weight: 5-70 lbs.
- Draw Length: 12-30”
- Speed: 315 FPS
- Brace Height: 6.5”
- Let-off: 70%
- Axle to Axle: 30”
7. SAS Outrage 70 Lbs. 30” Compound Bow – Archery Bows Beginners:
Most of the beginner bows come with adjusting options. But this adjustment is difficult and takes a lot of time and efforts. For easy adjustment and compatibility, SAS Outrage 70 Lbs. 30” Compound Bow is the perfect fit. It is the best bow for beginners providing ease to use.
The standard draw weight of SAS Outrage is 70 lbs. You can decrease its draw weight to 55 with 5 lbs. decrement on every turn of limb bolt. You are also going to receive bow & peep sights, arrow rest, stabilizer, and sling. This bow has a max shooting speed of 270 feet per second.
There is one thing I found bad in this bow. Its minimum draw weight (55 lbs.) is too hard to handle for beginners. It will make their training and practice tough. However, young beginners with a bit of experience will be able to use this bow in no time.
SAS Outrage 70 Lbs. 30” Compound Bow Features:
- This bow offers the draw weight adjustment between 55 and 70 lbs. You can also adjust its draw length.
- It is an easy-to-adjust bow. Loosening and tightening the limb bolt affects the draw weight by increment and decrement of 5 lbs.
- It is a dual cam bow. The twin idler system enables the archer shoot with speed of 270 FPS.
- Carbon and aluminium arrows of 30” are recommended to use with this bow.
- The durable riser has several built-in threads to install accessories. You have to purchase these additional accessories separately to use.
- Draw Weight: 55-70 lbs.
- Draw Length: 25-30”
- Bow Length: 35”
- Let-Off: 70%
- Speed: 270 Feet per Speed
8. Spyder and Spyder XL Takedown Recurve Bow – Beginner Bow and Arrow:
Here comes the most stylish and all-in-one bow. Spyder and Spyder XL Takedown bow gives you an option to select your favourite arrow colour in green, red, yellow, and blue. This colour choice is used in hunting and target shooting competitions where several arrows are released at a time.
Spyder and Spyder XL Takedown bow comes with a carrying bag to keep all of your instruments in it. It includes accessories like stringer tool, hard case, three colourful arrows, arrow rest, armguard and sights. It also includes broadhead wrench for future adjustments. You can install many other accessories including stabilizer, quiver, and fishing reels.
This bow has a minimum draw weight of 20 lbs. which is great for beginners. They can increase it with +5 increments until 60 lbs. It is the best beginner bow for a birthday gift. Apart from this, it has many other discussable features given below.
Spyder and Spyder XL Takedown Recurve Bow Features:
- This stylish bow comes with three premium carbon arrows. You can select arrows of your favourite colour.
- A hard briefcase keeps the bow and its accessories safe. It is also helpful in transportation.
- This bow is available for both lefties and righties. The right-hand bow can be pulled with the right while other with the left hand.
- Its draw weight can be adjusted between 20 and 60 lbs.
- This bow features integrated bushings for accessories including rests, sights, quiver, stabilizers, and fishing reels.
- This bow is used in hunting, practice, defence, and fishing.
- Draw Weight: 20-60 lbs.
- Bow Length: 64”
- Hand Orientation: Left or Right
- Material: Carbon
9. SAS Explorer Metal Riser Takedown Bow – Good Bow for Beginners:
SAS Explorer Metal Riser Takedown Bow is the best beginner bow when it comes to affordability. You can’t such hunting weapon at this cheap rate. This family bow can be used for target shooting in the backyard. It is designed with high-quality material. It is perfect for the shooter with a height of 6 feet.
You can select the draw weight among 22, 26, 30, and 34 lbs. It has a strong aluminium riser with a polished finish. The riser’s colour may vary, it is mostly red or blue (mention by manufacturer). This bow is currently available in right-hand designs only.
Unfortunately, SAS Explorer bow does not provide many options to adjust the draw weight. You can select only four weights. It is a simple recurve bow with takedown bows. You can replace its limbs with heavier ones. This bow is made of quality material. It may bend by applying force but it is not going to break at all.
SAS Explorer Metal Riser Takedown Recurve Bow Features:
- It is a simple recurve bow. It comes with a strong aluminium riser.
- This bow is the cheapest bow of our list. You can easily afford this.
- SAS Explorer Takedown bow has replaceable limbs. You can upgrade this bow by replacing its limbs.
- It allows you to select the draw weight. But unfortunately, it gives only four options to draw weight.
- This bow is durable and cannot be broken easily. However, it bends.
- Draw Weight: 22, 26, 30, and 34 lbs.
- Bow Length: 66”
- Recommended Archer’s Height: 6’
- Material: Aluminum and Wood
- Hand Orientation: Right
10. Bear Archery Cruzer Lite Compound Bow – First Compound Bow Recommendation:
It is another awesome bow manufactured by bear archery. Bear Archery Cruzer Lite can be used by archers of different ages. It is recommended for children and teens who are interested in learning archery. It is too versatile that a kid of five years can easily pull its string at minimum draw weight.
This bow has an adjustable draw weight of 5 lbs. to 45 lbs. It comes with five trophy ridge accessories including sights, whisker biscuit, quiver, string nock loop, peep sight, and stabilizer. This ready-to- hunt bow offers an easy and comfortable grip to shooters.
It has a maximum-versatility binary cam system allowing you to shoot the arrows with a max speed of 290 feet per second. You don’t need any bow press to adjust this bow. An Allen wrench makes this bow easy to adjust.
Bear Archery Cruzer Lite Compound Bow Features:
- It is the best choice for children and teens. It can help them in improving their skills.
- It is an adjustable bow. This bow enables you to select the draw weight between 5 and 45 lbs.
- The shooter can hold this bow comfortably. It offers a solid grip.
- Bear Archery Cruzer Lite is ready to hunt. It comes with various accessories.
- An Allen wrench has made the adjustments easier. You don’t need any bow press to do that.
- Draw Weight: 5-45 lbs.
- Draw Length: 12-27”
- Speed: 290 FPS
- Cam System: Dual Cam
This is our list of ten best bows for beginners. We recommend you to go with either Diamond Archery Infinite Edge Pro Bow Package or Bear Archery Cruzer G2 Adult Compound Bow. We hope this article will help you in finding the Best Beginner Bow. Always remember what your age is and how much energy you have. Also, notice your height while ordering the bow.
There are a few things you need to while purchasing the beginner bow. These points are given below.
The Draw Weight:
Draw weight is the key factor in selecting the best bow especially beginner bow. 20-30 lbs. is the normal draw weight for beginners. If the beginner is a child, he may not be able to draw that bow. While if you are planning for long-term archery then go with 20-70 lbs. bow. A bow providing a wide range of adjustment is considered the best bow.
The riser is the main part of a bow. It keeps both of the limbs connected. Many tools such as sight, rest, and stabilizer exist here. It has several threaded bushings for more accessories including stabilizer, quiver, and sights. An easy-to-grip riser with more bushings is considered best.
For beginners, it is difficult to carry a heavy bow. However, if he is going to practice in the backyard then he should try it. Lightweight bows are perfect for hunting and outdoor activities.
There are two types of limb takedown and built-in. Built-in bows are permanently attached to the riser. While takedown limbs can be replaced with new limbs. The bow with takedown limbs is good for beginners.
There are many accessories that can be installed to the bow later. These accessories are sights, arrow rest, quiver, arrows, and reels. There are many must-have accessories such as finger guards, sights, and arrows. A bow providing these accessories should be preferred.
Never forget to check the warranty of the bow you are going to purchase. This warranty makes sure that you are not going to lose your money. Also, check whether it has refund policy or repairing one.
Tips for Beginners:
Beginners should keep these things in mind while purchasing and using a bow.
- Never dry-fire your bow. This act may affect your string badly. To keep your string safe, always shoot with arrows.
- Never point or aim the bow at any person. It is dangerous and may cause serious injury. Don’t shoot in a public place even when are sure for the accurate target.
- Never expose your bow to heat. Most of the bows are made of plastic, wood, aluminium, and metal. It may damage your equipment.
- Always use finger guards to protect your fingers. The sharp string may hurt your fingers.
- You should research about state’s law before going for hunting. Hunting for some animals is banned in a few countries.
- Always unstring your bow when it is not in use.
What is the best compound bow for a beginner?
“Bear Archery Cruzer G2 Adult Compound Bow” is the best compound bow for a beginner. This bow is equipped with durable material and additional accessories.
What is a good starter bow for adults?
“Siege SAS 55 lb 29” Compound Bow” is the perfect bow for adults. This bow has the capability to handle adult newbies and leads them to the expert level.
Which type of bow is best?
The takedown compound family bow is considered good for beginners. If they can’t afford compound bow, then recurve bow is also perfect for newbies.
- List of Top 10 Best Recurve Bow for Beginners in 2021
- List of Top 10 Best Bow for Elk Hunting in 2021