Hunting is no doubt a difficult job and requires the bow to be used as a weapon. A hunter with effective equipment has more chances to bring down the animal. You will need the Best Recurve Bow For Hunting to make your hunting journey better.
Now the actual problem starts in deciding the hunting bow. There are many factors involved including its weight, draw weight, versatility, adjustability, IBO speed, and let-off. Keeping these factors in mind, we have created a list of the best recurve bows. I recommend Southwest Archery Spyder Takedown recurve bow as the best hunting recurve bow.
Table of Content
- Best Recurve Bow For Hunting in 2021 Reviews & Comparison Table:
- 1. PSE ARCHERY Pro Max Takedown Bow – Best Beginner Recurve Bow for Hunting:
- 2. Southland Archery Supply SAS Spirit Recurve Bow – Good Recurve Bow:
- 3. Samick Sage Takedown Recurve Bow – Best Takedown Recurve Bow:
- 4. Toparchery Archery Hunting Recurve Bow – Quality Recurve Bow:
- 5. Escalade Sports Bear Archery Sonoma Recurve Bow – Best Recurve Bow for Teenagers:
- 6. HYF Takedown Recurve Bow Package R3 – Best Recurve Bow for Target Shooting:
- 7. KAINOKAI Traditional Handmade Longbow Horsebow – Best Budget Hunting Recurve Bow:
- 8. Southwest Archery Spyder Takedown Recurve Bow – Best Recurve Bow on the Market:
- 9. PSE Archery Razorback Traditional Takedown Bow – Best Value Recurve Bow:
- 10. SinoArt Metal Riser Takedown Recurve Bow – Best Recurve Bow for the Money:
- Buyer’s Guide:
- Best Recurve Bow For Hunting Tips:
Best Recurve Bow For Hunting in 2021 Reviews & Comparison Table:
1. PSE ARCHERY Pro Max Takedown Bow – Best Beginner Recurve Bow for Hunting:
First and the foremost recurve bow is PSE Archery pro max bow. It is perfect for entry-level shooters and beginners who just joined hunting after initial archery practice. It is the best recurve bow for hunting for adult, beginners, and youth.
This bow comes in three-piece design (a riser and two limbs) which makes it easy-to-transport. It includes an arm guard and finger saver for the next-level protection. PSE Archery pro max package contains three carbon arrows, adjustable sight, quiver, stringer, guard, and finger saver. This bow has the draw weight of 25 pounds which perfectly suits beginners of up to 11 years old.
This bow has composite limbs. The riser has a wood handle providing the solid grip. The only thing I found bad in this bow is its overall length which is up to 62″. This length may create difficulties while moving from the forest and bushes in search of the animal.
PSE ARCHERY Pro Max Takedown Bow Features:
- PSE Archery Pro Max has a fully polished wooden handle. This handle eliminates the hand torque and provides comfort to the hunter.
- This bow is safe-to-use. You will get an arm guard which keeps the bow cables away from your body.
- An adjustable sight provides increased accuracy. You can adjust this sight to take aim at different angles.
- PSE Archery Pro Max is a great starter bow. This bow is recommended for beginners. Get yourself familiar with hunting through this bow.
- This complete bow kit consists of adjustable sight, quiver, rest, arm guard, finger tab, stringer, and three carbon arrows.
- This bow comes with the limbs of 25 lbs. draw weight. This draw weight is excellent for newbies. You can increase its draw weight by replacing its limbs.
- Draw weight: 25 lbs.
- Bow length: 62″
- Hand orientation: Right
- Material: Wood and fibreglass.
2. Southland Archery Supply SAS Spirit Recurve Bow – Good Recurve Bow:
The high-quality material, versatility, and durability encouraged me to list SAS Spirit Recurve Bow here. This bow is made of maple lamination and strong fibreglass. It is built in such a way that it will bend by apply force but won’t break at all. The riser is made of durable wood.
Unlike previously mentioned bow, SAS Spirit Bow is versatile and available in the draw weight of 22, 26, 30, or 34 lbs. You can choose any draw weight while placing the order. This bow is recommended to the hunters with a height of up to 6 feet. In short, this bow is the best recurve bow for hunting for tall archers.
This bow is available in both left and right-hand designs. Make sure to select your hand orientation before confirming the order. Its limbs are takedown. You can remove and replace its limbs to upgrade your bow. Its features and other details are given below.
Southland Archery Supply SAS Spirit Recurve Bow Features:
- Southland archery supply SAS spirit is a durable and flexible bow. It is too flexible that it will bend instead of getting broken by applying a strong force.
- It is made of maple lamination. The limbs are manufactured with strong fibreglass. Three types of wood including chuglam, gmelina Arborea, and beech is used to make this bow.
- This bow is recommended for a tall shooter. The hunters with a height of up to 6’ can easily use this bow.
- You can purchase this bow with limbs of 22, 26, 30, or 34 lbs. draw weight. You can replace these limbs in future.
- You can order this bow in the left hand or right-hand version. For the right hand, you have to hold the bow with the left hand and pull the string with the right hand and vice versa.
- Draw weight: 22, 26, 30, & 34 lbs.
- Bow length: 66″
- Hand orientation: Right and left.
- Material: Wood, Maple laminated and fibreglass.
3. Samick Sage Takedown Recurve Bow – Best Takedown Recurve Bow:
Here comes another adorable recurve bow for professional hunting. This takedown bow can be used in deer, hogs, and elk hunting. You will find this in different draw weight designs. You can select for beginners, intermediate, and adults depending on your choice. It has interchangeable limbs.
This bow comes with high-quality limbs of 25-60 lbs. You can choose the required draw weight. It also includes a 14 Dacron string and arrow rest. The riser has bushings for other accessories such as stabilizer, quiver, arrow rest, and bow fishing reel. Samick sage takedown is available for both left and right-handers.
This bow has a comfortable ergonomic grip. It provides ease and comfort to the shooters and also eliminates the vibration and torque in hand. It is recommended not to go with this bow if you are looking for a long-term investment. This bow cannot be adjusted. So, either you will require its replacement or new limbs for required draw weight.
Samick Sage Takedown Recurve Bow Features:
- Samick sage takedown bow comes with the draw weight of 20 to 60 lbs. You can choose any draw weight while placing the order. It has the draw length of 28”.
- This bow has the riser offering ergonomic grip. This easy-to-hold bow provides increased performance due to the soft grip.
- It has a durable string of 14 strands Dacron. This string works smoothly for a long time.
- The riser has threaded bushings for the arrow shelf, plunger, stabilizer, sight, quiver, and other accessories. You may need to purchase some of these accessories separately to fulfil your requirements.
- This is a professional bow. Its limbs are made of hard maple and the high-quality fibreglass lamination.
- Draw weight: 25-60 lbs.
- Draw length: 28″
- Bow length: 62″
- Hand orientation: Right and left.
- Material: Olivewood, hard Maple Laminated and black fibreglass.
4. Toparchery Archery Hunting Recurve Bow – Quality Recurve Bow:
Toparchery archery hunting recurves takedown bow is perfect for adults and beginners. This bow is nicely polished and consists of strong aluminium riser and limbs made of strong fibreglass and maple core. It comes unstrung in three-piece design for easy and safe transportation within hunting field.
This bow comes with a bow case. This bow case can be used to carry the riser, limbs, string, sight, rest, and instruction book. Toparchery archery hunting bow allows 30” of max draw length. You can choose the draw weight between 30-50 lbs. It has a 53” difficult-to break string which you can unstring after using the bow.
You are not going to waste your money in any case. This worth-buying bow has a one-year limited warranty. If you are not satisfied, you can refund your money. This bow is easy to assemble. You simply have to put all of its parts together start hunting.
Toparchery Archery Hunting Recurve Bow Features:
- This bow is perfect for outdoor hunting tour. The bow case makes transportation easier for you. You can place the bow and all other accessories in this case.
- Fibreglass, aluminium, pure metal, carbon, maple, and aluminium alloy is used in to make this high-quality bow.
- This bow allows the one-time selection of draw weight between 30 and 50 lbs. Its max draw weight is about 30 inches.
- This bow is widely used in athletic games, self-cultivation, hunting, physical exercise, bow fishing, and self-protection.
- The amazing feature of this bow is its one-year limited warranty. You can get your money back if not satisfied with this bow.
- Draw weight: 30-50 lbs.
- Bow length: 56″
- Brace height: 7.4″
- Material: Aluminum alloy & fibreglass.
5. Escalade Sports Bear Archery Sonoma Recurve Bow – Best Recurve Bow for Teenagers:
Escalade Sports Bear Archery Sonoma Recurve Bow is a lightweight, simple, and affordable bow of our list. It is recommended to the hunters of 14 years and older. If you are not interested in shooting down the massive animals and want to use a bow for learning purpose, then this bow is perfect for you.
This bow has the takedown design. You can replace its limbs to increase or decrease its weight. This bow has the draw weight of 40-45 lbs. You can carry this bow easily due to its lightweight design. It is launched by one of the top bow manufacturing brands.
Unfortunately, this bow is available in right-handed design only. You should try any other bow if you are a left-hander. In this purchase, you will find Sonoma bow only. No accessory other than riser and limbs is included. You may need to purchase the sights, rest, arrows, quiver, and stabilizer separately.
Escalade Sports Bear Archery Sonoma Recurve Bow Features:
- Escalade Sports Bear Archery Sonoma Bow is a cheap and affordable bow. This youth bow is perfect for teenagers.
- The draw weight of 40 or 45 lbs. is enough to hunt big game animals such as deer, bear, and antelope.
- This bow has a lightweight which is beneficial for carrying it through the forest for hunting.
- Although it does not include additional accessories the riser has threaded bushing for installation. You have to purchase them separately.
- This is a right-hand bow. You have to hold the bow in the left hand while pulling the string with the left one. If you are a left-hander, you need to check any other bow.
- Draw weight: 40 and 45 lbs.
- Bow length: 60″
- Hand orientation: Right
6. HYF Takedown Recurve Bow Package R3 – Best Recurve Bow for Target Shooting:
To make hunting easier, you will need some additional accessories. Purchasing each accessory separately could be difficult. Only a fully-equipped recurve bow is a solution to this problem. This is a high-quality, durable, and superior performance bow. The high-quality Wood, Fiberglass, Aluminum-magnesium, alloy, and Maple are used to manufacture this bow.
You can select the draw weight of 40, 45, or 50 lbs. for hunting. This package includes a set of 12 fibreglass arrows, bow sight, arm guard, finger guard, stringer, arrow quiver, puller, wax, target paper, Allen Key, and arrow rest. The 16 Dacron string can easily be a string and unstring. You are required to insert the large end of the string into the upper limb while small end into the lower bow card slot.
Unfortunately, this bow is currently available for right-handers only. You have to hold the bow in the left hand and pull the string with the right hand. As this bow comes with various tools so definitely it is expensive. But believe me, it is the perfect replacement of the money you are going to spend.
HYF Takedown Recurve Bow Package R3 Features:
- HYF takedown recurve bow allows the draw weight selection between 40, 45, and 50 lbs. This draw weight is brilliant to hunt big animals.
- A paper target is included in this package which allows you to practice by target shooting. It is helpful in improving and learning archery.
- The finger saver and arm guard also come with a bow. These tools are responsible for saving you from sharp string and cables.
- HYF takedown recurve bow is a fully-equipped bow. It comes with accessories such as quiver, target paper, Allen Key, arrow rest, puller, and arrows.
- A 16 strands Dacron string is also there. You need to follow instructions to string and unstring this bow.
- Draw weight: 40, 45, & 50 lbs.
- Bow length: 58″
- Hand orientation: Right
- Material: Wood, fibreglass, maple, and Al-mg alloy.
7. KAINOKAI Traditional Handmade Longbow Horsebow – Best Budget Hunting Recurve Bow:
Handmade products are good in a way that you have fewer chances of receiving damaged parts. Most of the users out there face issues of receiving damaged bows. Although there is a refund policy, it requires efforts and takes a lot of time. Many companies reject the buyer’s claim by saying that the bow was used.
KAINOKAI Traditional Handmade Longbow bow is safe to use. It comes with finger and arm guards for added protection. This is the best recurve bow for hunting and target shooting. A target paper is also included in archery learning and practice. You can select this bow with 20-70 lbs. required draw weight.
Due to longbow length, this bow is more likely to damage while transporting from a long distance. But you can easily save this bow by separating its parts (e.g. riser, limbs, and string). The package also includes three wood arrows and string wax.
KAINOKAI Traditional Handmade Longbow Horsebow Features:
- It is a handmade traditional bow. This bow has 100% hand-crafted work. Traditional bows are better than industry manufactured bows in term of quality.
- Finger and arm guards are there stop you from getting hurt by sharp cable and string. It is recommended to wear these gloves before using this bow.
- This bow supports the draw weight from 20 lbs. (minimum) to the 70 lbs. (maximum). You can use this bow to hunt almost all types of animals.
- You will also get a paper target with this bow. The paper target is used to check and improve your accuracy.
- Three high-quality and sharp edge wooden arrows make sure that you are going to have a nice hunting journey. It is recommended to use carbon arrows with this bow.
- Draw weight: 20-70 lbs.
- Bow length: Not specified
- Hand orientation: Left & right
- Material: Locust wood
8. Southwest Archery Spyder Takedown Recurve Bow – Best Recurve Bow on the Market:
Southland Archery Supply (SAS) is a world-famous bow manufacturing brand and best recurve bow seller. Southwest Archery Spyder is the best recurve bow for hunting, athletic games, shooting practice, and school-level competitions. This bow is offering a large variety of draw weights for different age groups and skill levels.
This bow is available in both right and left-hand designs. It offers the draw weight of 20-60 lbs. for beginners to intermediate archers. The handcrafted riser has various preinstalled threaded bushings for other accessories. Its 14 strand Dacron string is difficult-to-break providing long working life.
A stringer tool is included to assemble this bow quickly and easily. You will be able to string and unstring this bow easily otherwise it is going to become difficult for you. Our professionals found this bow amazing for deer, hogs, elk hunting, and bow fishing. That’s why this bow is recommended by our experts.
Southwest Archery Spyder Takedown Recurve Bow Features:
- Southwest Archery Spyder Takedown Bow is recommended to the hunters of all age groups. It is best for hunting, bow fishing, target shooting, and games.
- You can select between 20 and 60 lbs. as the draw weight of your bow. It also has optional draw lengths.
- This bow is available for left and right-handers. Don’t forget to pick your respective orientation while placing the order.
- It comes with a stringer tool which makes it easy to put all of its parts together. There is no other way better than stringer tool to assemble the bow.
- This bow has various preinstalled bushings to install accessories. You can install rest, sight, stabilizer, quiver, and reels.
- Southland archery supply is offering one year warranty on this bow. This warranty ensures that you are going to invest in something worth buying.
- Draw weight: 20-60 lbs.
- Bow length: 62″
- Hand orientation: Left and right hand.
- Material: wood & other.
9. PSE Archery Razorback Traditional Takedown Bow – Best Value Recurve Bow:
According to some experts, noise is one of the most troubling things in hunting. The noise and vibration produced while using the bow not only alerts the animal but also misses the target. A stabilizer is used to overcome this issue. PSE Archery Razorback Traditional Takedown Bow is the best recurve bow for hunting as it is less noisy.
Walnut, Burma white, beechwood, hard maple, and fibreglass are used to manufacture this bow. This hand-selected wood and other high-quality materials make this bow durable. The brush sight increases the accuracy of hitting the target. The built-in stabilizer minimizes the vibration, hand torque, shocks, and noise.
This is very easy to assemble this bow. As it is a tool-less bow, so assembling takes only a couple of minutes. It has a comfortable-to-grip handle providing ease to the hunters. Unfortunately, this bow cannot be used in bow fishing due to its light draw weight. But you can easily fix this issue by replacing its limbs with heavier limbs.
PSE Archery Razorback Traditional Takedown Bow Features:
- PSE Archery Razorback Traditional Bow produces less noise, vibration, and shocks and makes the bow more likely to bring down the target.
- This bow is manufactured with hand-selected woods such as walnut, Burma white, beechwood, and hard maple. The high-quality fibreglass is also used in the manufacturing of limbs.
- You will be ready to go after 2-3 minute installation. The tool-less bow is easy-to-assemble.
- This bow is best for beginners because of its lightweight, durable, and simple design. It is a great option for target shooting.
- The riser has bushings for sight to provide increased performance. You can also attain improved accuracy by installing sights to the bow.
- Draw weight: Not specified
- Bow length: 62″
- Hand orientation: Right
- Material: Wood and fibreglass
10. SinoArt Metal Riser Takedown Recurve Bow – Best Recurve Bow for the Money:
Last but not the least recurve bow of our list is SinoArt Metal Riser Takedown Bow. This bow recommended for hunting small animals such as raccoon, squirrel, rabbit, and fox. It is originally an athlete bow and perfectly fits youth who are interesting in improving their skills quickly.
The riser has bushings for various accessories. With this bow, you will get a riser, two limbs, string, bow stringer, arm guard, finger tab, sight, arrow rest, instruction book, and two string nocks. It provides the optional draw weight of 20, 26, 30, 36, or 40 lbs. and the maximum draw length of 32”.
This lightweight bow is beneficial for beginners in many ways. The only defect I found in this bow is its light draw weight which does not support professional hunting of large animals. Deer hunting requires a draw weight of about 35-45 lbs. but this bow maximum draw weight of only 40 lbs.
SinoArt Metal Riser Takedown Recurve Bow Features:
- SinoArt Metal Riser Recurve Bow is a perfect choice for small animals’ hunting. You can use this bow to learn hunting.
- The included arm guard and finger tab enable you to hunt without any fear. These accessories protect your body from this bow.
- Its lightweight design makes it possible for you to run in the hunting field while taking this bow. If you are using a heavy bow, you may get tired after every shoot.
- A few accessories are already included in this purchase just like gloves, finger guard, stringer, bow sight, arrow rest, and string nocks (two pcs).
- This bow has a max draw length of 32″. You can select the draw weight between 20, 26, 30, 36 and 40 lbs.
- An instructional book is also there to guide in the installation of its main parts. It is suggested to read this book before using the bow.
- Draw weight: 20, 26, 30, 36, and 40 lbs.
- Max draw length: 32″
- Bow length: 66″
- Hand orientation: Right hand
- Material: Metal, fibreglass, and maple laminations.
This buyer guide will definitely help you in deciding the best recurve bow of your choice. You should know these things before placing the order.
Unlike other bows, hunting bow’s draw weight does not depend on user’s preference. The draw weight depends on the animals you are going to hunt and the state where you are hunting. Different animals have different draw weight. You can easily shoot down the small animals such as rabbit, fox, and duck with a bow having the draw weight of about 30 lbs. Deer and bear hunting requires the draw weight of 35-45 lbs. The massive animals (e.g. elk and wild pig) can only be targeted with a bow having 60-70 lbs. draw weight.
Overall weight also matters in case of hunting as you have to move through the forest in search of target. A heavy bow will make you tired within a few moments and as a result, you won’t be able to perform well. A lightweight bow (about 3 lbs.) is considered an excellent bow for hunting.
Most of the bows come with arrows. Arrows play an important role in hunting. If arrows are dull, you won’t be able to hunt any animal even when you are professional hunter. A bow coming with carbon arrows should be preferred over others.
There are many accessories which make hunting easier for you. Some of these accessories are listed below.
- Arrow rest: Arrow rest is the accessory installed on the riser. Arrow is placed here before pulling and releasing it.
- Arrow sight: You can’t hunt any animal successfully if arrow sight is missing. Arrow sight is used to aim the target for precise shooting.
- Puller: Puller is the tool used to pull the string. It provides ease to the hunter.
- Silencer: Silencers can decrease noise produced while releasing the bow. Animals have great hearing capability. If they heard the noise, they may run away.
- Gloves: Hunting bows may hurt your fingers and arms. It is recommended to wear gloves before using the bow.
Best Recurve Bow For Hunting Tips:
Here are a few things you need to follow while using a hunting bow.
- Don’t forget to unstring the bow after use.
- Never dry shoot. It may hurt you and damage its string.
- Dissemble the recurve bow when you know you are not going to use this bow for next few days.
- Never try to shoot that animal which is either prohibited in your area or the state where you are hunting.
- Never try to shoot the animal that can attack you if you failed to bring him down.
- Never shoot, even never aim at the human. These hunting bows are harmful enough to cause serious injuries.
- If the bow is not fitting you and you think you need lighter or heavier one then try to change its limbs instead of purchasing a new bow.
- If you were busy in target shooting before going out for hunting then try to sharpen your arrows. It may become dull and useless.
So this was our list for the best recurve bows. We hope you will be able to find out the Best Recurve Bow For Hunting after reading this article. Among all of these amazing tools, we found Southwest Archery Spyder Takedown recurve bow best for hunting.
Also keep in mind the animals or type of animals you want to hunt before selecting the hunting bow. For example, you will require a bow with the draw weight of 65 lbs. to hunt elk. You should check different animals’ required draw weights for making better decision.